Training Tempo is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of EU data protection law.
WMG Accelerator offices
Prof. Lord Bhattacharya Building,
Lord Bhattacharya way
We Collect, Use, Share and Otherwise Process Information
- as necessary to provide the Services and fulfil our obligations pursuant to the Terms of Service. For example, we cannot provide the Services unless we collect and use your location information;
- where you have consented to the processing;
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of emergencies and;
- where you have made the information public.
Information Training Tempo Collects
Training Tempo collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you. We receive information in a few different ways, including when you upload activities using the Services. Training Tempo also collects information about how you use the Services. There are also several opportunities for you to share information about yourself and your activities with Training Tempo. For example:
- We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, date of birth, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
- Profile, activity and use information is collected about you when you choose to synchronise activities (including date, time and geo-location information as well as your speed and pace), add your equipment usage, pairing you sleep information or otherwise use the Service.
- You can choose to add your contacts’ information by connecting your contacts from your mobile device or social networking accounts to Training Tempo. If you choose to share your contacts with Training Tempo, Training Tempo will, in accordance with your instructions, access and store your contacts’ information in order to identify connections and help you connect with them.
- Training Tempo collects information from apps you connect to Training Tempo. For example, you may connect your Garmin watch or Fitbit account and information from these devices and apps will be passed along to Training Tempo.
- Training Tempo may collect or infer health information. Certain health information may be inferred from sources such as heart rate or other information about your exertion, including power, cadence, height and weight or other indicators. Before you can upload health information to Training Tempo, you must give your explicit consent to the processing of that health information by Training Tempo. You can withdraw your consent to Training Tempo processing your health information at any time.
- When you make a payment on Training Tempo, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your debit/credit card information.
- We collect and process location information when you upload activities and data from apps (such as Garmin) to use the Services. For example, to upload your run and to provide you with your training statistics, it is necessary to access the information about physical location of your device including, data such as speed and direction. Processing of your location data is essential to the Services which we provide and a necessary part of our performance of the agreement we have with you.
- Training Tempo allows you to sign up and log in to the Services using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook or Google (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Services with Third-Party Accounts, we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to Training Tempo under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy controls in your Third-Party Account.
- Included in those third-party products and services, Training Tempo also allows you sign up and login using a Hub of all things (HAT), which is a personal data server provided and managed by Dataswift. This will provide you further control of the personal data which Training Tempo has access to.
- To help us to provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your support requests and comments.
- We also obtain additional third-party information about our members from marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information obtained from other members, third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
- The Services use log files. The information stored in those files includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyse trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses may be linked to session IDs, user IDs and device identifiers.
How Training Tempo Uses Information
Training Tempo uses the information we collect and receive to administer and operate the Services and to customise them for you. For example, we use your heart rate information to provide you with interesting and useful performance analysis and its effects on your physiology.
We use the information we collect about you, and your activities to personalise your experience. We also use the information we collect to process payments, provide support related to the Services, protect members and enforce our Terms of Service, promote safety, and to communicate with you (including to send marketing communications) where you have agreed to receive such messages and notifications.
We also use the information we collect to analyse, develop and improve the Services. To do this, Training Tempo may use third party analytics providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve the Services.
We may also use the information we collect to market and promote the Services, activities on Training Tempo, and other commercial products or services. This includes customising your Training Tempo experience. For example, if we know that you like to run, we may tell you about new running activities or show you sponsored content related to running.
Training Tempo may aggregate the information you and others make available in connection with the Services and post it publicly or share it with third parties. To do this, we remove certain account information, such as your name, and combine the resulting information with similar information from other Training Tempo athletes. Examples of the type of information we may aggregate in this way include information about equipment, usage, demographics, routes and performance. Training Tempo may use, sell, license, and share this information with third parties for research, business or other purposes such as to help our partners understand more about athletes, including the people who use their products and services.
How Information is Shared
In addition to sharing aggregated data about our members as described above, we also share information that identifies you in accordance with your preferences, as needed to run our business and provide the Services, and where required for legal purposes, as set forth below.
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to Training Tempo such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, processing payments, or fulfilling orders. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. We may also engage service providers to collect information about your use of the Services over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote Training Tempo or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services or other websites or services.
Publicly Available Information
Your information and content will not be publicly available through our platform.
Third Party Business via API or Other Integrations
When you choose to use third party apps, plugins, or websites that integrate with the Services, or when you use Training Tempo features that are offered in conjunction with third parties, they may receive your information and content, including your training plan and your activity data. Information collected by these third parties is subject to their terms and policies. Training Tempo is not responsible for the terms or policies of third parties.
Affiliates and Acquirors of our Business or Assets
We may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is allowed by the law or reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Service or fraud or abuse of Training Tempo or its members, or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
How We Protect Information
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure. The Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit card numbers. Training Tempo engages providers that are industry leaders in online security, including Services verification, to strengthen the security of our Services. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm Training Tempo’s identity before any personal information is sent. In addition, Training Tempo’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorised access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. Training Tempo recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the services you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than http://), along with the security symbol of your browser to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the services to which you are connected. Please check the validity of any Services you connect to using secure communications.
While Training Tempo continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Training Tempo cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Training Tempo. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Training Tempo offers several features and settings to help you manage your privacy and how you share your activities with us. Most privacy controls are located in your Personal Data Account (PDA) that you will open to use our services through the Hub of all things (HAT). There are privacy controls if you opt out of using a PDA provided by HAT in your profile privacy settings.
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update profile or account information at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings. If you need further assistance correcting inaccurate information, please contact Training Tempo at [email protected]. Training Tempo will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Deleting Information and Accounts
To request that your account is deleted, you can inform us via [email protected]. Once deleted, your data, including your account, activities cannot be reinstated.
Training Tempo also provides you the option to remove individual activities you have sent to the Services without deleting your account.
EU Members’ Rights
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
Access and Porting
You can access much of your information by logging into your account. If you require additional access or if you are not a Training Tempo member, contact us at [email protected]
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete
You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your account, such as to edit your profile, delete photos you have posted, remove individual activities from view, or delete your account. If you are unable to do this, please contact us at [email protected]. Training Tempo will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process health-related data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
The Services are operated from the United Kingdom. If you are located outside of the United Kingdom and choose to use the Services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United Kingdom or other countries where our servers are located, as it is necessary to provide the Services. United Kingdom privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Retention of Information
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Training Tempo, such as statistics of the use of the Services. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.